Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

If You Wait...

I'm not normally a fan of so called "inspirational words" but this from Stacy Risenmay courtesy of Pink Wallpaper struck a cord.
Not only have I been guilty (in a minor way) of this sort of thing myself, but over the years I've watched as would be clients have divorced whilst waiting to make their dream home everything they dreamt it would be. And their children have grown up and left home before they got their own bedrooms, decorated the way they wanted, simply because they and their parents wanted way too much.
Sometimes the best decorating is achieved when you need to be extra creative by stretching a small budget as far as it will go. This is when you make do with what you have, re arrange, recover, remodel, and/or paint. And then you throw in a few recent purchases to give your space a new lease of life. And the best part? It feels fresh and new and it didn't cost much.
Happy Weekend.
 

2 comments:

  1. Ah... VERY wise words! Thank you for following me over on my blog...am happy to find yours and join you too!
    x KL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, which is lucky as I'd never get any decorating done if I was waiting until I could afford it!
    x

    ReplyDelete